What is underperformance costing you and your team?
Having just one underperformer on your team can reduce the overall performance of the whole team by up to 40%.
That’s a lot of whatever it is your measuring: dollars, profits, widgets, quality, …
On its own, that’s a scary number – but it gets worse when we add management into the equation.
Let’s say it like it is: managing poor performance is one of the things most managers like least – and one of the things they do worst.
Over more than 20 years we have learnt a lot about dealing with employees who perform and behave poorly. In this eBook we have shared our most successful tips and strategies – and it’s completely free to download!
Ignoring underperformance is obviously not an option – it’s costing your organisation, your team and your career way too much.
Handling it poorly is not an option either – that can undermine your leadership and create further problems, ongoing conflict and resentment, and also trigger an escalation to senior management or Human Resources.
In this guide you will learn:
- How to identify underperformance
- The difference between underperformance, poor performance and poor workplace behaviour
- Exactly what these things are costing you
- How to identify the cause of underperformance
- Specific strategies to respond to underperformance
- How you can adapt as a leader to prevent and deal with performance issues
- How to have awkward discussions
- The golden rule: never allowing people to be comfortable with underperformance
- The three outcomes and the one you won’t accept
- The rule of ‘two reasonables’
Having an underperformer on your team isn’t great news – but it doesn’t have to be a disaster if you learn the skills and follow the strategies in this guide.